Few reasons why Bangladesh market is gleaming with opportunities for Indian businesses
- India is Bangladesh’s top importing source.
- Bangladesh is not only India’s neighbor, but also offers huge business and investment opportunities for Indian businesses.
- Bangladesh has emerged as India’s largest trading partner in South Asia.
- The present bilateral trade stands at $ 6.5 billion but Bangladesh’s exports to India accounts for meager $ 500 million.
- The bilateral trade between India and Bangladesh could almost double to USD 10 billion by 2018.
- There is huge potential for sectors such as Electrical machinery and equipment, Food & Beverages, agro processing, automobiles, textiles, organic chemicals, and light engineering.
- In the services sector, ICT, pharmaceuticals, hospital & medical equipment, tourism and professional services offer good opportunities.
- Bangladesh and India offer natural markets for each other’s exports and have advantages of reduced transaction costs and quicker delivery due to geographical proximity and common language